Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) Brussels is currently recruiting a Finance Officer. The successful candidate will work under the direct management of the Executive Director and the Managing Director to produce comprehensive financial reporting and help YPFP manage its funds effectively.
We value continuity and reliability, so we would ask you to commit to the team for a minimum of six months, preferable one year. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
This is an Opportunity:
- to join the growing team of YPFP Brussels
- be part of an engaged community of young professionals interested in global issues
- to develop your own ideas
- learn and develop your skills
- drive change
- make a contribution to a global organisation while making friends and contacts in Brussels.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Input monthly updates to YPFP’s financial overview spreadsheet.
- Participate in budget discussions with YPFP’s Washington, New York, and Brussels branches.
- Present YPFP financials at board meetings.
- Process reimbursements of branch expenses via Paypal.
- Process YPFP’s payments and bank transfers
- Collaborate with Washington DC on monthly updates of YPFP’s Brussels official accounts
- Based in Brussels.
- Available to attend budget calls (flexible scheduling) and occasional meetings.
- Strong Excel, presentation skills and fluency in English
- Ability to communicate financial concepts concisely and clearly.
- Professional or volunteer experience in accounting, finance, budgeting, or nonprofit management is preferred.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: Finance Officer.