Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organisation with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York. YPFP Brussels is preparing to celebrate its 10th anniversary in 2018.
The Communications team is currently looking to recruit a Communications Officer, in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum of six months. The successful candidates will work under the direct management of the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop and enhance YPFP Brussels’ presence across new media and with relevant Brussels stakeholders.
This is an opportunity to join the growing team of YPFP Brussels and be part of an engaged global community of young professionals interested in global issues. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change and make a contribution to our community of more than 500 members.
All successful candidates should be able to commit to the post for six months, preferably more, and should ideally be ready to start as soon as possible. If not already, they will also need to become paying YPFP members.
Please note that YPFP Brussels is a volunteer-based organisation. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Job Title: Communications Officer, Communications & Marketing Team
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of the YPFP Brussels Facebook account, including engagement with external stakeholders and members
- Implement and execute social media strategy to build followers and fans, engaging in an appropriate style and manner on behalf of YPFP Brussels where required
- Analyse data and give regular updates to the Communications and Marketing Director on YPFP Brussels growth and interaction with followers, in addition to a comparative analysis
- Assist the Communications and Marketing Director in exploring how to further utilise social media platforms
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Interested in and comfortable with using social/new media and technology applications
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team
- Good knowledge of global affairs
- Required to commit to six months or more as volunteer staff
- Required to attend monthly Communications staff evening meetings
- Required to regularly attend YPFP events
- Required time commitment of up to 10 hours per week
- Required to respond to e-mails daily
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Must live in or near Brussels, Belgium.