YPFP is proud to announce the recruitment process to select up to 13 participants for our 2019 Study Tour to the United Arab Emirates.
WHAT IS THE STUDY TOUR?
The study tour is an initiative that brings young professionals to the UAE March 22-29th, 2019 to develop a deeper understanding of the Middle East and to engage with thought leaders and peers in the UAE to exchange views on how rising leaders can work together to develop more innovative solutions to global challenges.
During the study tour, delegates will meet with UAE government officials, Emirati business leaders, cultural influencers, and rising Emirati professionals from all sectors to learn more about the UAE, its policy positions, and its deep relationship with the United States. In addition, participants will visit cultural sites such as the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque and the Louvre Abu Dhabi.
Upon their return, delegates will be invited to share their findings from the trip with other YPFP members.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE STUDY TOUR?
The study tour will take place March 22-29, 2019. Delegates will visit sites around the UAE, including Abu Dhabi, Dubai, and Sharjah.
All delegates must arrive in the UAE by Saturday, March 23, 2019. Programming will begin on Sunday, March 24. If you are leaving from the United States, you will depart on Friday, March 22 and arrive in UAE on Saturday, March 23. If you are departing from outside the United States, you may depart on March 23 depending on distance.
DOES THE STUDY TOUR COST ANYTHING?
The study tour is generously sponsored by the Embassy of the United Arab Emirates in Washington, DC. All airfare, lodging, local travel, and group meal costs are covered. Delegates are only responsible for incidental personal costs (snacks, etc.) incurred during the trip.
Please note that there is a small application processing fee:
- YPFP Members, all locations and levels – free
- Non-YPFP Members - $25 (non-refundable)
NOTE: If you become a YPFP member (membership types/levels available here) before submitting your application, the application fee will be waived. All delegates must become members of YPFP prior to participating in the study tour. If you are selected for the study tour, your application fee will be credited toward your annual membership fee.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE STUDY TOUR?
YPFP seeks up to 13 young professionals who are interested in international affairs to apply for the Study Tour.
- Young professionals ages 24-35
- 9 spots are reserved for U.S. citizens
- Up to 4 spots are reserved for members of YPFP chapters (Brussels, London, New York City, San Francisco, Toronto)
- Intellectual curiosity
- Multicultural competence
- Demonstrated professionalism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
HOW TO APPLY
- Click here to verify your membership or submit the processing fee (Non-members - $25, YPFP members - free but still must complete this form to verify membership). Your application will not be considered if this step is not complete.
- Complete the application form and email your materials per the instructions.
- You will be asked to email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, resume, and a scanned copy of a current passport to confirm age eligibility and nationality to email@example.com.
- The form must be completed and documents emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM EST on Monday, December 17, 2018.
The cover letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you applying for the study tour?
- Have you previously visited the Middle East? If so, when, where, and why?
- What do you hope to gain from the study tour?
- How will this experience advance your career?
- How do you plan to share your study tour experience with other young professionals?
Delegates will be informed of their selection by Friday, January 4, 2019 and must commit to attending the study tour by Friday, January 11, 2019.
- Must have a valid passport
- Must participate in any and all pre- and post-tour activities (in person or virtually)
- Must write a 500-word essay or produce a 1-minute film clip about your experience no later than 30 days after completing the study tour.
- If you are a federal government employee, you must get clearance from your employer PRIOR to applying.