YPFP Brussels Vacancy: Communications Officer
Our Brussels’ Communications team is currently looking to recruit several Communications Officers, in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum period of six months. The successful candidates will work under the direct management of the Director of Communications and Marketing to develop and enhance YPFP Brussels’ presence across our media channels and with relevant Brussels stakeholders.
You should be self-motivated, well-organised and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team. Experience in communications and marketing is essential, but you certainly don’t need to be an expert! We value continuity, reliability, and a good team-spirit, so we would ask you to commit to the team for a minimum of six months. You would need to attend monthly team meetings in Brussels and regularly attend YPFP events, as well as responding to emails promptly and respecting agreed deadlines. A good level of written and spoken English is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Opportunity to work with a small group of talented communication experts;
- Create event invitation emails;
- Ensure that event reminders are sent in a timely fashion;
- Assist with promoting YPFP Brussels activities on our website and social media pages: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube;
- Contribute new ideas on how to increase the profile of YPFP in Brussels;
- Work with the Communications & Marketing Director and Deputy Director to ensure YPFP Brussels messaging is followed across different media;
- Assist the Communications & Marketing team where necessary.
This is an opportunity to join the growing team of YPFP Brussels and be part of an engaged global community of young professionals interested in global issues. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change and make a contribution to our community of more than 500 members.
All candidates must be or willing to become a YPFP member.
Please note that YPFP Brussels is a volunteer-based organisation. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) Brussels fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. The YPFP network is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organisation with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. Established in 2004 and headquartered in Washington, DC, we have branches in major cities including, London and New York, with our Brussels office recently celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.