About YPFP - YPFP is an independent international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world.
The Opportunity - YPFP is looking for an action-oriented, entrepreneurial leader to ensure that YPFP runs smoothly and efficiently every day. The Vice President reports to the President, and serves as the President’s deputy in charge of YPFP’s day-to-day operations. The Vice President will have the pulse of what is happening at any given moment with all matters affecting the organization. This is an opportunity to hone executive managerial skills, overseeing and executing fast-paced operations of a nonprofit with global reach in a dynamic and complex operating environment. This position requires facilitating meetings and participating in conference calls with volunteers on weekday evenings and occasionally on weekends.
- Directly manage YPFP volunteer team (more than 100 around the world)
- Provide guidance and direction to volunteer staff, hold accountable for results, and ensure team alignment to strategy set by the President and the board of YPFP.
- Oversee day-to-day activities and meetings of senior leadership team
- Coach and mentor senior volunteer staff to help foster a culture of innovation, accountability, professionalism, and learning across all volunteers.
- Ensure consistency, quality, and mission alignment across YPFP’s activities and brand.
- Work closely with the President on programs and missions essential to YPFP.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Possess sound judgment, impeccable professionalism, and excellent communication skills.
- Capable of initiating and following through on tough conversations, especially on topics such as volunteer accountability, goal-setting, and organizational performance.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to track multiple priorities.
- Experience working with teams of various sizes, particularly volunteers.
- Familiarity with international affairs and foreign policy.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Based in Washington, DC.
- Integrity and commitment to modeling and upholding YPFP’s values.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up style environment.
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail.
- This unpaid, volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 10 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances.
- This position requires running meetings and participating in conference calls with volunteers on weekday evenings and occasionally on weekends.
To Apply: Please send a resume and a short cover letter explaining why you want to be Vice President of YPFP to email@example.com with the subject and heading: Vice President Application.