YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, San Francisco, and Toronto, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
The Membership Coordinator is the primary point of contact between YPFP Toronto and its members. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the position is responsible for developing and implementing strategies to recruit new members and providing attractive member benefits.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the Managing Director in member recruitment and benefits strategy.
- Act as the primary point of contact for members.
- Promote YPFP’s events, resources, and programs within the community and connect members to opportunities.
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing team to design marketing materials.
- Organize regular social events in coordination with the Events and Partnerships team.
- Engage with members at events (when available) and respond to membership enquiries.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for foreign policy.
- A high degree of maturity and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team-player under pressure and within deadlines.
- A creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
Eligibility and Selection
- Ideally an early career policy professional or current graduate in a relevant field.
- Ability to respond to emails and messages in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team.
- Good knowledge of global affairs.
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels.
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per week (excluding attendance at team meetings, all-hands meetings, and other events).
- Position is unpaid and part-time.
Please note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Membership Coordinator – YPFP Toronto”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.