About YPFP - YPFP is an independent international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world.
The Opportunity - YPFP is looking for a Toronto Hub Director, in a voluntary capacity, with a minimum commitment of one year. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change, and make a contribution to YPFP’s established Toronto presence. The Hub Director leads the Toronto team, serves as a member of YPFP’s global leadership group, and works directly with YPFP executive leadership.
- Jointly serves as the primary point-of-contact with the Managing Director between YPFP DC/HQ and YPFP Toronto
- Jointly manages legal and financial matters with the Managing Director and, as needed, YPFP DC/HQ
- Promotes a culture of openness and transparency
- Enables the Directors of the Programming, Communications, and Membership teams, and their respective staff, to accomplish operational goals
- Coordinates and leads YPFP Toronto staff meetings on at least a monthly basis
- Ensures that the annual requirements for Global Hub status are met—a meaningful and ideally growing base of Global Members, a meaningful and ideally expanding portfolio of local partnerships, and the hosting of at least one in-person event every month
- Participates in virtual meetings with YPFP’s Global Leadership
- Attends the annual YPFP Affairs of State Gala in Washington, DC
- Periodically attends other Canada-US events in Canada and Washington, DC
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team
- Good knowledge of global affairs
- Commit 8-10 hours per week to YPFP (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
- Attend regular senior leadership meetings
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
- Foreign language ability is a plus, French preferred
- Live, work, or study in or near Toronto
- A minimum commitment of one year
YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please also note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with
the subject and heading: Toronto Hub Director Application.