YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, San Francisco, and Toronto, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
The Director of Events and Partnerships is responsible for developing the overarching program of events to be offered by the organization in tandem with introducing the organization to a far-reaching network of potential partners, speakers and sponsors. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Director directs overall planning and strategy for live and virtual events and is responsible for building strategic relationships with universities, think tanks, research centres, governmental bodies, international organisations, NGO’s and more.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supports the Managing Director in strategy for event programming.
- Develop event themes and foundational structures.
- Define planning standards, policies. and procedures.
- Work closely with the Communications and Marketing team to draft key messaging for stakeholders, potential partners, and event promotion.
- Identify potential partners and co-event facilitators
- Cultivate, develop, and maintain existing partnerships and collaborations.
- Identify and suggest creative, efficient and effective channels for engagement outside of direct partnerships (e.g. op-eds, guest posts, special events, podcasts, etc.).
Desired Skills and Experience
- Passion for foreign policy and event management.
- A high degree of maturity and professionalism.
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as a highly resourceful team-player under pressure and within deadlines.
- A creative and innovative thinker, who actively presents new opportunities, proposes solutions and recommends best practices.
Eligibility and Selection
- Ideally an early career policy professional or current graduate in a relevant field.
- Ability to respond to emails and messages in a timely manner.
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team.
- Good knowledge of global affairs.
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels.
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per week (excluding attendance at team meetings, all-hands meetings, and other events).
- Position is unpaid and part-time.
Please note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Director of Events and Partnerships – YPFP Toronto”. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.