Staff Opening: SOCIAL PROGRAMMING MANAGER
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders, thinkers, and practitioners energizing the foreign policy landscape. Headquartered in D.C. with chapters across the world, we engage, build, and amplify an international community of young, dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges.
The Social Programming Manager is the primary manager of the YPFP New York's social functions, including happy hours and other networking events. The successful candidate will possess strong management and communication skills, a high aptitude for complex organizational problem solving, experience and knowledge about current foreign policy issues, and strong attention to details. Above all else, the successful candidate shall wish to contribute to YPFP’s tradition of excellence and high-quality programs offerings.
This volunteer position requires approximately 5 hours per week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role. The Social Programming Manager reports directly to the Programing Director of the New York chapter.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, design, and execute events:
- Identify and secure potential venues for monthly events
- Draft event pages on the YPFP website and coordinate with the communications team on promotion
- Act as point of contact and promptly respond to questions from YPFP members
- Collaborate with Communication Team to promote events;
- Liaise with Programming Director and other Program Managers on best practices, potential leads and events, and to inform/inspire New York’s programming calendar;
- Report to the Programming Director on the progress of events to cover any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Based in New York
- Ideally some event or project management experience
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills
- A demonstrable interest in foreign affairs / international relations
- Highly responsive to email and available for events and meetings on weeknights (after 5:30/6:00 pm) and weekends
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 5-10 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues-paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
This role includes a three-month probationary period, at which stage continued involvement with the position will be reviewed and continued involvement
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: Social Programming Manager Application.