Please note that all YPFP New York staff positions are unpaid and on a volunteer basis.
Social Media Manager
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders who energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector NextGen voices more informed and influential. We promote innovation in international affairs by inspiring, training, and connecting the next generation of global leaders. YPFP believes that today’s most pressing global challenges can most effectively be addressed by nonpartisan, multinational solutions.
As part of the communications team, the Social Media Manager is responsible for maintaining the various platforms that YPFP-NY uses, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. This position requires creative content posted on these platforms, including the creation of events pages on Facebook and event promotion on Twitter, as well as general re-posting of like-minded organizations and other YPFP branches when applicable.
The position reports to the Communications Director, and entails working with other communications staff, the broader YPFP-NY staff, and sometimes with non-staff YPFP NY members or external partners.
This position requires approximately 10 hours per week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create, schedule, and post content for all social media platforms - sustain a thorough social media profile, with several posts on various platforms daily
- Collaborate with and across teams to cover live events (i.e. Facebook Live)
- Robust promotion of events, blog posts, and other relevant items
- Prepare monthly reports on social media analytics that will be submitted to the Communications and Executive teams
- Work with Deputy Communications Director on content, promotion, and engagement strategies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Candidate must demonstrate excellent writing and editing skills. Attention to detail a must.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines simultaneously, and to keep all parties accountable to deadlines
- Strong handle on world events, and understanding what topics are newsworthy and worth pursuing with our communications efforts
- Must stay current with new social media trends and features
- Graphic design skills and the ability to match photos with posts
- Photography skills strongly recommended
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP-NY. You are not required to be a YPFP-NY member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
There is a review period of three months for the selected candidate.
To apply, please email Colin Wolfgang at firstname.lastname@example.org.