YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders who energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector emerging voices more informed and influential. We promote innovation in international affairs by inspiring, training, and connecting the next generation of global leaders. YPFP believes that today’s most pressing global challenges can most effectively be addressed by nonpartisan, multinational solutions.
The Managing Director oversees operations of the San Francisco Branch of YPFP, and is accountable for all aspects of branch management and operations, including setting tactical and strategic objectives with the Team Directors, the YPFP President, YPFP headquarters in DC, the Board of Directors, and other branches by
- developing and implementing branch vision, strategy and planning for the chapter’s success that contributes to the local and global goals of YPFP;
- representing the chapter at regular YPFP-SF events that feature foreign policy and international affairs leaders and experts;
- foster and maintain partnerships with external organizations and high-profile speakers from a variety of sectors in association with the programming and development teams to deliver co-hosted events and ensure financial and material health of the chapter;
- representing the chapter at meetings with external partner organizations and high-profile speakers from a variety of sectors;
- being the main liaison and point of contact for the chapter with other chapters, especially working closely with YPFP’s President at headquarters in Washington, DC
- leading quarterly Directors and All Staff meetings;
- conceiving, developing and implementing major chapter projects and campaigns; and
- obtaining regular reports from the team directors on team progress and needs and assisting the managing director and team directors as the need arises.
This volunteer position requires approximately 15-25 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree in a field related to international affairs and/or foreign policy is desirable;
- Exceptional demonstrated leadership ability and enthusiasm for enhancing partnerships with internal stakeholders and external organizations and individuals;
- A deep appreciation of team dynamics; and the ability to inspire and influence others to excel;
- Managerial skills and experience, and proven ability to motivate and mobilize individuals and resources to achieve measurable objectives;
- Exquisite attention to detail, capacity for efficient multi-tasking and focused task orientation;
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills to effectively implement strategic plans and deliver results;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to persuasively deliver complex presentations to varied audiences;
- Must be located in the San Francisco Bay area;
- Must be available for in-person meetings and events on evenings and weekends mostly taking place in the San Francisco Bay Area; and
- Must be able to respond to YPFP emails promptly.
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater San Francisco area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com