Staff Opening: PROGRAMMING DIRECTOR
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders who energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector NextGen voices more informed and influential. We promote innovation in international affairs by inspiring, training, and connecting the next generation of global leaders. YPFP believes that today’s most pressing global challenges can most effectively be addressed by nonpartisan, multinational solutions.
The Programming Director is the primary manager of the New York events team. The successful candidate will possess strong management and communication skills, experience motivating and mentoring peers, a high aptitude for complex organizational problem solving, and outstanding attention to details. Above all else, the successful candidate shall wish to contribute to YPFP’s tradition of excellence and high-quality programs offerings.
This position requires approximately 10-15 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role. The Programming Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the New York chapter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee the day-to-day operations of the events team including:
- Soliciting ideas for new programs, member-engagement, and external partnerships;
- Assisting events managers with external engagement and speaker outreach as needed;
- Acting as the primary responsible party for the language and details of event pages;
- Routing incoming inquiries to applicable events managers
- Recruit, train, mentor, and support all events team members
- Build and regularly maintain a calendar of events and coordinate speakers sometimes several months or only a few weeks before the date of an event
- Collaborate with leaders of other YPFP Departments and teams to integrate events activities, scheduling, and topics with strategic organizational goals
- Liaise with D.C., and other chapters, on best practice, potential leads and events, and to inform/inspire New York’s programming calendar
- Report to the Executive Director on the progress of events to cover any issues or concerns that may arise
- Based in New York
- Ideally 1-2 years of event or project management experience
- Excellent management skills, demonstrated leadership experience, a track record of personal initiative, and proven ability to lead a volunteer team
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills
- A demonstrable interest in foreign affairs / international relations
- Highly responsive to email and available for events and meetings on weeknights (after 5:30/6:00pm) and weekends
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
This role includes a three-month probationary period, at which stage continued involvement with the position will be reviewed and continued involvement
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Programming Director.