About Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) - YPFP is an independent, nonprofit, international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global community 5,000+ strong, headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world. YPFP is registered as a 501(c)3.
The Opportunity - YPFP is looking for an action-oriented, resourceful, flexible, program manager who is eager to drive strong organizational performance and ensure that YPFP delivers on its mission of building the leaders the world needs. The Program Manager reports to YPFP’s Executive Director.
Key Responsibilities - Major responsibilities of the position include the following:
- Development and Fundraising: Collaborate closely with Executive Director on business development initiatives; expand and diversify revenue streams; apply for and manage grants; execute annual 450-person gala and fundraiser in DC
- Management: Collaborate with YPFP’s Chief of Staff (i.e. “chief volunteer”) and senior leadership team of 8-10 volunteer staff based in DC; enable the work of 150+ volunteers around the world; directly manage undergraduate and graduate interns (3-4 annually)
- Membership: Contribute to the design and execution of a membership program that sustains a vibrant community of engaged members; and implement appropriate technologies to collect, protect, and use membership data to advance the organization’s mission
- Programming: Manage flagship programs and high-profile events that advance YPFP’s mission; oversee and support volunteer-led events based in DC; oversee monitoring and evaluation of global events; ensure consistency, quality, and mission alignment across activities and brand
- Communications/Outreach/Public Relations: Support YPFP’s Director of Communications to represent YPFP at forums and events as appropriate to raise visibility; create, cultivate, and steward media campaigns; oversee execution of membership campaigns; support the development of social media strategy
Desirable Skills and Attributes - The ideal candidate will be someone who is:
- Passionate about our mission of building the leaders the world needs and wants to engage our members, volunteers, Board, and donors as partners in this critical effort
- Energized when working in demanding, fast-paced environments where they must balance competing priorities between strategic goals and immediate operations
- A persuasive and authentic communicator who displays the right range of confidence, empathy, humility, and decisiveness
- Comfortable interacting with a wide range of stakeholders, such as volunteers, senior government officials, business leaders, prospective donors, new members, and beyond
- A vocal advocate for diversity and inclusion in international affairs
- An empowering manager who demonstrates a willingness and ability to learn and hone skills that cut across YPFP’s diverse programs and needs
- Capable of resolving a bewildering array of issues, challenges, and questions, often with limited time and incomplete information
- Based in Washington, DC. This position will be performed virtually due to COVID; physical office location for this role will be reevaluated in Fall 2021.
- At least 2 years of professional experience, including managing complex projects
- Familiarity with international affairs and foreign policy
- Willingness to participate in regular meetings during the evening and on weekends
- Eager to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up style environment
- Demonstrated initiative, excellent organizational skills, and strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills; demonstrated ability to prepare diverse content (presentations , marketing materials, proposals, etc.) quickly
- Experience working with teams of various sizes, particularly volunteers
- Interest and ability to leverage technology to support processes and functions of community management
- Integrity and commitment to modeling and upholding YPFP’s values, including our commitment to diversity & inclusion
To Apply: Email email@example.com with your resume and a statement of interest that describes why you want to be the Program Manager of YPFP (750 words or less). Salary commensurate with experience.
We are accepting applications and beginning interviews on a rolling basis. Please submit your application as soon as you can to ensure you can be considered for the position!