Staff Opening: OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders, thinkers, and practitioners energizing the foreign policy landscape. Headquartered in D.C. with chapters across the world, we engage, build, and amplify an international community of young, dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges.
The Operations Director is responsible for overseeing day-to-day management of the YPFP New York staff and its separate divisons in coordination with the Executive Director. The ideal candidate will bring enthusiasm to ensure that the volunteer staff manage their responsibilities and meet expectations, and that YPFP New York’s presence and membership continue to grow.
This position requires approximately 10-15 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role. The Operations Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the New York chapter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Regular coordination with Directors and, as needed, other staff from various Departments
- Particpate in recruitment processes of new volunteer staff members
- Organize and oversee internal meetings on a periodic basis
- Implement budget management with the help of the Finance Director and the Executive Director
- Liaise with D.C., and other chapters, on best practice and chapter operations
- Regularly attend events and represent YPFP New York as needed
- Based in New York
- Ideally 1-2 years project management experience
- Excellent management skills, demonstrated leadership experience, a track record of personal initiative, and proven ability to lead a volunteer team
- Outstanding interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills
- A demonstrable interest in foreign affairs / international relations
- Highly responsive to email and available for events and meetings on weeknights (after 5:30/6:00pm) and weekends
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 10-15 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
This role includes a three-month probationary period, at which stage continued involvement with the position will be reviewed and continued involvement
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Operations Director.