YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000
YPFP London – Opportunities
The Communications team is currently looking to recruit a Communications Officer, Social Media Officer - Twitter and a Social Media Officer - Facebook, in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum of six months. The successful candidates will work under the direct management of the Director of Communications to develop and enhance YPFP London’s presence across new media and with relevant London stakeholders. This is an opportunity to join the growing team of YPFP London and be part of an engaged
global community of young professionals interested in global issues. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change and make a contribution to our community of more than 500 members.
Eligibility and Requirements:
• Minimum commitment of 6 months (preferably more)
• Ability to commit 3-5 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
• Live, work, or study in or near London
• Self-motivated with an ability to demonstrate initiative
• Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
Please note that YPFP London is a volunteer-based organisation. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please note that YPFP staff must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required tobe a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Please send a short cover letter and CV to YPFP London’s Executive Director, Antony Underwood, at Antony.Underwood@ypfp.org
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Daily management of the YPFP London Twitter account, including engagement with external stakeholders and members
- Implement and execute social media strategy to build followers and fans, engaging in an appropriate style and manner on behalf of YPFP London where required
- Analyse data and give regular updates to the Communications Director on YPFP London growth and interaction with followers, in addition to a comparative analysis
- Assist the Communications Director in exploring how to further utilise social media platforms
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Interested in and comfortable with using social/new media and technology applications
- Self-motivated, highly organized and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team
- Previous experience in live tweeting during events will be an asset
- Good knowledge of global affairs
- Required to commit to six months or more as volunteer staff
- Required to attend regular Communications staff evening meetings
- Required to regularly attend YPFP events
- Required time commitment of up to 3-5 hours per week
- Required to respond to e-mails daily
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Must live in or near London
Please note that YPFP London is a volunteer-based organisation. All staff members are non- remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please note that YPFP staff must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Please send a short cover letter and CV to YPFP London’s Executive Director, Gurjinder Dhaliwal at firstname.lastname@example.org