YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
YPFP London – Opportunities
The Communications team is currently looking to recruit a Communications Officer, Social Media Officer - Twitter and a Social Media Officer - Facebook, in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum of six months. The successful candidates will work under the direct management of the Director of Communications to develop and enhance YPFP London’s presence across new media and with relevant London stakeholders. This is an opportunity to join the growing team of YPFP London and be part of an engaged global community of young professionals interested in global issues. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change and make a contribution to our community of more than 500 members.
Eligibility and Requirements:
• Minimum commitment of 6 months (preferably more)
• Ability to commit 3-5 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
• Live, work, or study in or near London
• Self-motivated with an ability to demonstrate initiative
• Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
Please note that YPFP London is a volunteer-based organisation. All staff members are non- remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity. Please note that YPFP staff must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Please send a short cover letter and CV to YPFP London at London@ypfp.org.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that events are published (on the website) and reminders are sent in a timely fashion
- Assist in creating a weekly newsletter using Mailchimp
- Able or eager to learn how to use NationBuilder email system
- Analyse data generated through our website platform and Google Analytics, and report
results to the Communications Director
- Work alongside YPFP London staff and members to brainstorm ideas on content
- Contribute new ideas on how to increase the profile of YPFP in London
- Embrace ad-hoc projects within the Communications team
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Be self-motivated, well organised and able to work efficiently and autonomously, as part of a small team
- Good knowledge of global affairs
- Required to commit to six months or more as volunteer staff
- Required to attend regular Communications staff evening meetings
- Required time commitment of 3-5 hours per week
- Required to respond to e-mails daily
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Home internet access
- Must live in or near London
- Please note that YPFP London is a volunteer-based organisation. All staff members are non- remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
- Please note that YPFP staff must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Please send a short cover letter and CV to YPFP London’s Executive Director, Gurjinder Dhaliwal at firstname.lastname@example.org