YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders who energize foreign
policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector NextGen voices more informed and
influential. We promote innovation in international affairs by inspiring, training, and connecting
the next generation of global leaders. YPFP believes that today’s most pressing global challenges
can most effectively be addressed by nonpartisan, multinational solutions.
YPFP New York is launching its own annual Gala in 2019, building on the success of D.C.’s
‘Affairs of State’ Gala. This event is intended to raise awareness of the organization and
celebrate its achievements, while also helping to raise valuable funds to support the group for
years to come. The Gala Director will be supported by a dedicated team of Coordinators from the
existing staff and will work closely with the broader team in New York to ensure efforts are
aligned across all divisions.
The time commitment of the role will vary as the event approaches, ranging between
approximately 5 and 15 hours per week. The Gala Director reports directly to the Executive
Director of the New York chapter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supervise project team on event execution, including, social media engagement, public
relations, business development, and logistics
- Develop and coordinate promotion and outreach strategy
- Oversee and maintain project budget
- Secure venues for gala and after-party, liaise with venue POCs, and manage associated
billing and contracts
- Secure vendors (including food, entertainment, photography, lighting, etc.)
- Work with Executive Team to secure event sponsors
- Operate event ticketing system, monitor sales, and generate regular reports on headcount
- Professional experience in event planning strongly preferred
- Strong project management and cross-organizational communication skills
- Experience motivating and mentoring peers
- Aptitude for complex organizational problem solving
- Outstanding attention to detail
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater
New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm
membership to be accepted to the position.
This role includes a four-week probationary period, at which stage continued involvement with
the position will be reviewed and continued involvement
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the
subject and heading: Gala Director.