Staff Opening: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders, thinkers, and practitioners energizing the foreign policy landscape. Headquartered in D.C. with chapters across the world, we engage, build, and amplify an international community of young, dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges.
The Executive Director oversees the strategy and operations of the New York Chapter of YPFP, and is accountable for all aspects of the chapter’s management, including:
- developing and implementing the chapter’s vision and strategy, in support of YPFP's global vision to give a voice to emerging leaders;
- manage the chapter's staff ensuring they have the support necessary to develop as volunteers and deliver on their responsibilities;
- representing the chapter at regular YPFP-NY events and with external partner organizations;
- be the main liaison and point of contact with other chapters, working particularly closely with YPFP’s Global ED in Washington, DC;
- oversee the chapter’s financial management in close coordination with the Finance Director;
- leading quarterly Directors and All Staff meetings;
- conceiving, developing and implementing major chapter projects and campaigns; and
- obtaining regular reports from the team directors on team progress and needs and assisting the managing director and team directors as the need arises.
This volunteer position requires approximately 15 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role.
Skills and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree is required; advanced degree in a field related to international affairs and/or foreign policy is desirable;
- Exceptional demonstrated leadership ability and enthusiasm for enhancing partnerships with internal stakeholders and external organizations and individuals;
- A deep appreciation of team dynamics; and the ability to inspire and influence others to excel;
- Managerial skills and experience, and proven ability to motivate and mobilize individuals and resources to achieve measurable objectives;
- Exquisite attention to detail, capacity for efficient multi-tasking and focused task orientation;
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills to effectively implement strategic plans and deliver results;
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, and proven ability to persuasively deliver complex presentations to varied audiences;
- Must be located in the New York City area;
- Must be available for in-person meetings and events on evenings and weekends mostly taking place in Manhattan; and
- Must be able to respond to YPFP emails promptly.
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Executive Director.