About YPFP - YPFP is an independent international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world.
About Affairs of State - Since 2007, YPFP has hosted its annual Affairs of State gala in Washington, DC. The event raises awareness of the organization and celebrates its achievements while raising valuable funds to help our nonprofit grow in years to come. The 2019 gala will be on Saturday, October 19 at Sidney Harman Hall.
The Opportunity - YPFP-DC is looking for a Gala Coordinator, in a voluntary capacity, with a minimum commitment of one year. The Gala Coordinator is the project manager of YPFP’s Affairs of State project team. S/he reports directly to the President of YPFP.
- Supervise project team, including social media, marketing, public relations, business development, and logistics
- Oversee and maintain project budget
- Secure venues for gala and after-party, liaise with venue POCs, and manage associated billing and contracts
- Secure vendors (including entertainment, photography, lighting, etc.)
- Develop and coordinate promotion and outreach strategy
- Work with executive and board leadership to secure sponsors and support Host Committee activities, including the pre-gala VIP reception
- Operate event ticketing system, monitor sales, and generate reports on overall headcount and partner and Host Committee ticket sales
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Professional experience in event planning strongly preferred
- Strong project management and cross-organizational communication skills
- Experience motivating and mentoring peers
- Aptitude for complex organizational problem solving
- Outstanding attention to detail
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Based in Washington, DC
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 7-10 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances.
Application Process - Please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: AoS Gala Coordinator Application.