About YPFP - YPFP is an independent international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world.
The Opportunity - YPFP-DC is recruiting for Events Managers, in a voluntary capacity, with a minimum commitment of one year. This is an opportunity to join the YPFP team in Washington, DC and be part of an engaged global community of emerging professionals. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change, and make a contribution to our community of more than 1,000 members. YPFP Events Managers work with the Director of Events to conceptualize, design, and execute YPFP's extensive member programming opportunities.
Events Team - YPFP is recognized for holding lectures, roundtables, workshops and intimate gatherings with renowned foreign policy leaders. Our past speakers include the Hon. Michèle Flournoy, Adm. Michael Mullen, former governor Jon Huntsman, Amb. Susan Rice, Amb. Thomas Pickering, Bob Woodward, Joseph Stiglitz, John Hamre, Steve Coll, Ian Bremmer, and former DNI John Negroponte. The Events Team is responsible for delivering quality events to engage YPFP members.
- Conceptualize, design, and execute events:
- Brainstorm topics, speakers, and formats
- Invite and secure speakers
- Coordinate with the fellowship and discussion group programs to find a YPFP member to moderate and/or participate in an event
- Identify and secure potential venues
- Draft event pages on the YPFP website and coordinate with the communications team on promotion
- Act as point of contact and promptly respond to questions from YPFP members
- Assist leadership with organizing VIP, high-level, and special events
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team
- Good knowledge of global affairs
- Commit 8-10 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
- Available for meetings and events on weeknights (after 5:30/6:00 pm) and weekends
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
- Live, work, or study in or near Washington, DC
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please also note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please send a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Events Manager Application.