YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
This is an opportunity to join the YPFP team in Washington, DC and be part of an engaged global community of emerging professionals. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change, and make a contribution to our community of more than 1,000 members.
YPFP-DC is currently looking to recruit a Membership Manager, in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum of six months. The Manager helps lead the DC Membership team, serves as a member of YPFP’s senior leadership team and will work under the direct supervision of the Senior Vice President.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Guide, create, and implement a strategic vision for the membership team
- Develop and oversee YPFP’s member recruitment and retention strategy
- Produce an annual member experience survey
- Support production of quarterly New Member Orientations (NMO)
- Ensure inquiries from members and potential members are answered expediently
- Regularly report out to senior leadership on membership statistics, trends, and demands
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team
- Good knowledge of global affairs
- Commit 5-10 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
- Attend regular senior leadership meetings
- Attend membership team meetings
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
- Live, work, or study in or near Washington, DC
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please also note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please send a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Membership Manager Application.