Volunteer - Content Management Specialist (CMS)
The CMS will serve as a liaison between the IT and Communications team to better support cross-team coordination.
The Content Management Specialist will report to the Director of Technology Infrastructure and the Senior Vice President of Communications.
A content management specialist (CMS) is responsible for establishing YPFP’ presence on the World Wide Web. The CMS writes, proofreads, and edits the information of the website and ensures that it is valid and up to date. Additionally, the CMS must work with the Communications team to promote the website through newsletters and various other outreach methods that the CMS is responsible for being a part of. The CMS will also attend all meetings both the Communications and IT team meetings in order to maintain proper communication. It will be their responsibility to be the first point of contact if the Communications team needs any support from IT. It is imperative for the CMS to keep up with new technology, designs, and outreach methods to constantly improve the site.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for writing, publishing content and updating content on the YPFP website.
- Collaborate with team members across YPFP and demonstrate leadership in teamwork, creativity, and decision-making.
- Develop new and exciting ideas for keeping the YPFP website fresh and up-to-date.
- Handle all facets of the website, therefore, organizational and multitasking skills are required
- Support the YPFP staff with Web issues.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate across teams & provide excellent management and work collaboratively with staff, management, and IT support.
- Basic HTML, Java Script, Nation Builder Design platform, WordPress Design Platform
- Adobe suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Hours per month: 10-15 hours per month
To begin the application process please send a cover letter, your resume and some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the heading Content Management Specialist Application.