About YPFP - YPFP is an independent international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world.
The Opportunity - YPFP is looking for an action-oriented leader with vision, passion, empathy and persistence to oversee day-to-day operations and to enrich and grow the YPFP community. The Chief of Staff reports to YPFP’s Global Executive Director. This is an opportunity to hone executive skills while overseeing and executing fast-paced operations of a nonprofit with global reach. This position requires facilitating meetings and participating in conference calls with volunteers on weekday evenings and on weekends.
- Guide and oversee YPFP’s programs, publications, membership and community.
- Serve as primary internal leadership face of YPFP and publicly represent organization at member events.
- Manage volunteer staff, hold accountable for results, and ensure team alignment to strategy set by leadership and the YPFP board.
- Work closely with the Global Executive Director to develop key messages, steward YPFP’s public brand, and support flagship/major programs and initiatives.
- Coach and mentor senior leaders to help foster a culture of innovation, accountability, professionalism and learning.
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Possess outstanding decision-making ability, impeccable professionalism and excellent communication skills, including public speaking.
- Ability to inspire others to a common mission, vision and goals.
- Experience working with volunteers and an ability to identify and develop great talent, leaders and teams.
- Demonstrate strong project management skills with the ability to track multiple priorities.
- Capable of resolving conflict, initiating and following through on tough conversations, especially on topics such as accountability, goal-setting and organizational performance.
- Familiarity with international affairs and foreign policy.
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Based in Washington, DC.
- Integrity and commitment to modeling and upholding YPFP’s values.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, start-up style environment.
- This unpaid, volunteer position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances.
- This position requires running meetings and participating in conference calls with volunteers on weekday evenings and on weekends.
To Apply: Please send your resume and a short cover letter explaining why you want to be Chief of Staff of YPFP to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject and heading: Chief of Staff Application.