Staff Opening: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT DIRECTOR
YPFP is a nonpartisan network of over 20,000 emerging global leaders, thinkers, and practitioners energizing the foreign policy landscape. Headquartered in D.C. with chapters across the world, we engage, build, and amplify an international community of young, dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges.
The Business Development Director leads the New York business developent team and is responsible for all non-dues revenue-generating efforts. The successful candidate will possess strong management and communication skills, be highly motivated and comfortable working indepently, a high aptitude for complex organizational problem solving, and outstanding attention to details.
This position requires approximately 5-10 hours a week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role. The Business Development Director reports directly to the Executive Director of the New York chapter.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Directly oversee the day-to-day operations of the business development team including:
- Identifying grant and funding opportunities within the New York philanthropic community;
- Researching donation and gift in-kind opportunities within the private sector and civil society groups;
- Identify other non-dues revenue generating streams;
- Strengthen partnerships with academic institutions;
- Recruit, train, mentor, and support all team members;
- Collaborate with leaders of other YPFP Departments and teams to integrate business development efforts with strategic organizational goals;
- Liaise with D.C., and other chapters, on best practice, potential collaborative leads, and to inform New York’s own business development efforts;
- Report regularly to the Executive Director on progress to get ahead of any issues or concerns that may arise.
- Ideally 1-2 years of business development related experience in a professional or voluntary capacity
- Good management skills, a track record of personal initiative, and proven ability to lead a volunteer team
- Strong interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills
- A demonstrable interest in foreign affairs / international relations
- Highly responsive to email and available for events and meetings on weeknights (after 5:30/6:00pm) and weekends
- This position requires a minimum commitment of 5-10 hours per week
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP and located in the greater New York area. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
This role includes a three-month probationary period, at which stage continued involvement with the position will be reviewed and continued involvement
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: Business Development Director.