Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
Job Title: Programmes Officer
Would you like to organize events with Ambassadors, staff working for the EU Institutions or at the UN? Are you interested in foreign policy and topics related to Environment, Human Rights or International Development? Do you live in Brussels or in Belgium? If so, don’t miss the opportunity to join our team.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Bring your professional and/or academic experience to contribute to new events and initiatives aligned with YPFP Brussels' priorities
- Organize and moderate events (both virtual and physical) from conception to post-event workflows with high-level speakers and experts
- Engage in partnerships and outreach which contribute to the goals and projects of the Programmes team, and the YPFP Brussels branch as a whole.
Eligibility and Selection
- Ability to respond to emails and messages in a timely manner;
- Required to commit to six months or more as a staff volunteer;
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per week;
- Acknowledgment that this position is unpaid and part-time;
- Based in Brussels, Belgium.
Please note that the YPFP members must be dues-paying members. You are not required to be a member to apply, but you must confirm your membership to be accepted for the position. To apply, please send a cover letter and a CV to Franziska Krüger (email@example.com) and Filip Delas Petres (firstname.lastname@example.org). Candidates who are based in Brussels and can start in the very near future will be given priority.