Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) fosters the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with more than 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
Job Title: Communications Officer
The Communications Officer is responsible for supporting the implementation of YPFP Brussels communications strategy, writing and disseminating communication material and coordinating promotional events. Reporting directly to the Communications Director, the selected candidate will be responsible for supporting brand management and content distribution strategies (e.g., newsletters, website, social media, etc.), and external communications initiatives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the strategic vision of YPFP Brussels communications and marketing activities;
- Support the Communication team in coordinating the promotion of events;
- Design and follow-up the production of in-house communication materials/visuals;
- Write, edit, and distribute content such as invitations, website content, social media copy, and other material that communicates the organization's activities;
- Take on creative, ad-hoc projects and collaborate across all teams to ensure that YPFP events, initiatives, and membership benefits are promoted effectively.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Understanding of Communications & Marketing tools;
- Prior experience with graphic design in Canva and/or willingness to learn new skills;
- A high degree of maturity, professionalism and commitment;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Strong organizational and project management skills;
- Self-motivated, organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as a highly resourceful team-player.
Eligibility and Selection
- Ideally an early career professional or current graduate student in a relevant field;
- Ability to respond to emails and messages in a timely manner;
- Required to commit to six months or more as a staff volunteer;
- Ability to commit 5-10 hours per week;
- Acknowledgment that this position is unpaid and part-time;
- Based in Brussels, Belgium.
Please note that the YPFP members must be dues-paying members. You are not required to be a member to apply, but you must confirm your membership to be accepted for the position. To apply, please email a short cover letter and your up-to-date CV to YPFP Brussels Communications & Marketing Director, Soraia Ribeiro, (firstname.lastname@example.org), and YPFP Brussels Deputy Director of Communications & Marketing, Oreste Sorace, (email@example.com).