About YPFP - YPFP is an independent international affairs organization that engages, builds, and amplifies a global community of dynamic, diverse leaders from all sectors to accelerate their impact on critical global challenges. Founded in 2004, YPFP has grown from a small startup to a global nonprofit 501(c)3 registered and headquartered in Washington, DC, with chapters in Brussels, London, New York, San Francisco, and Toronto, and an expanding global presence around the world.
The Opportunity - YPFP-DC is looking for a Board Assistant to provide critical logistical support to the Board of Directors (BoD). This is a volunteer position ideal for a motivated recent graduate interested in nonprofit governance and/or global issues. S/he reports to the Executive Secretary of the Board.
- Manage calendar of monthly conference calls, quarterly meetings, and assist with the scheduling of other Board meetings and calls as needed.
- Assist Executive Secretary with quarterly board meeting logistics including coordinating materials and refreshments, taking detailed notes, and tracking action items in between meetings and calls.
- Manage Board communication tools including e-mail distros, Google hangouts, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Attributes:
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to deal professionally with confidential board matters
- Familiarity with nonprofit board governance a plus
Eligibility & Requirements:
- Based in Washington, DC and generally available to attend and support a full day Saturday meeting once a quarter and monthly conference calls (typically in the evening on a weeknight)
- This position requires an average commitment of 8 hours a week - most weeks will require less and work can be completed remotely. Weeks leading up to quarterly board meetings will be busier and the Board Assistant needs to be present for the meetings themselves, which are a full day one Saturday per quarter
- Ability to respond to e-mail within 48 hours under typical circumstances
Application Process - Please send a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com, with the subject and heading: Board Assistant Application.