YPFP is proud to announce the recruitment process to select the team that will represent the United States at this year’s Y7 Summit in Ottawa, Canada.
WHAT IS THE Y7?
The Y7 is a leadership summit that convenes young professionals from G7 countries for one week each year to develop policy solutions to current global challenges. Learn more here.
WHEN AND WHERE IS THE 2018 Y7?
The Y7 will take place in the third week of April in Ottawa, Canada.
WHAT HAPPENS AT THE Y7?
Delegates will participate in online discussion groups (pre-Y7) and negotiating working groups (at the Y7) focused on three main issues:
- Gender equality
- Climate change and the environment
- Future of work
At the end of the process, delegates draft and approve a communiqué outlining specific policy proposals. These recommendations are then presented directly to G7 leaders at the G7 Summit.
The Y7 will also consist of workshops with high profile government, business, and civil society speakers; sightseeing and cultural immersion; and networking opportunities with young professionals from around the world.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE IN THE U.S. DELEGATION TO THE Y7?
YPFP seeks 4 young professionals who are interested in international affairs and diplomacy to apply for the U.S. delegation.
- U.S. citizens who possess U.S. passports
- Young professionals ages 20-29
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Proven communication skills
- Multicultural competence
HOW TO APPLY
Submit a single PDF document containing a cover letter and resume to Y7applications@ypfp.org by 11:59PM EST on Monday, March 5, 2018.
The cover letter should address the following questions:
- Why are you applying for the delegation?
- What skills or expertise do you bring as a delegate?
- Why are you interested in the issues being discussed at the 2018 Y7? (gender equality, climate change and the environment, and the future of work)
- How will you represent the United States?
- What do you hope to gain from the experience and how will this experience advance your career?
Delegates will be informed of their selection by March 14, 2018 and must commit to attend the Y7 by March 18, 2018.
Delegates are responsible for arranging, booking, and covering the costs of their travel to and from Canada. The Government of Canada will cover all in-country costs for delegates during the course of the summit.
Please see the official Y7 2018 website for more background on this year’s Y7 summit.