World Vision International is one of the largest global Christian relief, development and advocacy organizations in the world, with over 45,000 employees working in nearly 100 countries. Our internship programme gives you the opportunity to take on challenging and meaningful projects while working alongside experienced professionals and gaining exposure to the global development sector.
Location – Washington DC
The child sponsorship research project is a global initiative established in 2013 to assess the effectiveness of World Visions community-based development approach to improving the well-being of children, and the way this is supported by the Child Sponsorship Model. Leveraging the research findings from phase 1 and phase 2 of the project, the Child Sponsorship Research team is currently launching phase 3, working in partnership with external academic research partners to explore World Visions community based development approach and Child Sponsorship Model in more depth through field-based research in program sites in five countries.
(1) Support the preparation for research field work and coordination with partners and stakeholders. (2) Assist with drafting and/or editing research program documents such as context analyses. (3) Contribute to the collection and review of World Vision program and policy documents relevant to the research. (4) Assist in the development of research tools such as survey instruments, interview and focus group discussion guides as necessary. (5) Provide coordination and planning for virtual meetings and general communication with academic research partners, stakeholders based in field offices and other global locations. (6) Other tasks as needed
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Current college student, graduate student, or recently graduate from an undergraduate/graduate program (within 2 years).
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Able to work a minimum of 24 hours per week.
- Adhere to the Christian Statement of Faith required by all World Vision International employees.
How to Apply - http://careers.wvi.org/jobs/united-states/exceptions/fall-2015-internship-programme-washington-dc/1426#sthash.OgY1MdXp.dpuf