WRI is a global research organization that spans more than 50 countries, with offices in the Brazil, China, Europe, India, Indonesia, and the United States. Our more than 450 experts and staff work closely with leaders to turn big ideas into action to sustain our natural resources—the foundation of economic opportunity and human well-being.
WRI was recently voted the #1 Environmental Think Tank in the world and is consistently recommended by staff as one of the "most desired organizations to work for." In 2014, WRI was ranked one of the Top Workplaces by the Washington Post.
Location – Washington DC
WRI’s Food, Forests and Water program requires an assertive, detail-oriented, and highly organized individual to support a diverse team of experts as a Grants and Finance Coordinator I. This is an excellent position for someone seeking to work in financial and project/ program management.
The WRI Grants & Finance Coordinator will be based in Washington, D.C., working as part of the Africa Forests team and in close collaboration with the Global Forest Watch team and partners. The Grants & Finance Coordinator will report to the Africa Forests Manager.
The Grants & Finance Coordinator’s main areas of responsibility will include the following:
· Under direct supervision of the Africa Forests Manager, ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of grants and contracts
· Under direct supervision of the Africa Forests Manager, assist with monitoring life of grant reporting requirements and ensure that progress reports are submitted in a timely manner
· Assist with the preparation of detailed financial reports to funders as needed and gather transaction receipts
· Assist the Africa Forests Manager in tracking contract deliverables to ensure that they are submitted within the period of performance and coordinate the submission of invoices
· Assist Africa Forests Manager with monthly review of the transactions and finances of the projects
· Assist the Africa Forests Manager in updating budgets quarterly and create budgets for upcoming proposals consistent with WRI’s requirements for budgeting costs
· Assist with the submission and tracking of requests for payment in a timely manner and ensure that payments processed are consistent with WRI’s internal policies and grant requirements
· Assist in the preparation and maintenance of subgrant and contract agreements with partners and contractors including follow-up needs to complete agreements on time
· Under direct supervision of the Africa Forests Manager, may work with partners to help them understand and meet subgrant and contract requirements
· Under direct supervision of the Africa Forests Manager, may monitor partners to ensure the timely and accurate submission of progress and financial reports
Bachelor’s Degree Required
At least 1-2 years previous work experience in financial management and administration, preferably in a non-profit setting.
- The position requires a detail-oriented, highly organized individual with experience and interest in program operations, grant compliance, financial management, and budgeting
- Must be adaptable to rapidly changing priorities and have the ability to manage multiple projects with varying deadlines
- Attention to deadlines, particularly with regard to grant compliance and monitoring subgrantees and contractors
- Patience and perseverance in understanding and explaining issues to partners and contractors
- Strong process orientation with sensitivity to quality
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong writing, database management, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to work well in a team
- Fluency in English and proficiency in French - including the ability to manage relationships in French by phone
How to Apply - http://www.wri.org/about/careers