Mic’s approach to news is as unique as our generation. We’re founded on a simple idea: Young people deserve a news destination that offers quality coverage tailored to them. Our generation will define the future. We are hungry for news that keeps us informed and helps us make sense of the world.
35 West 36th St. 9th Floor West, New York, NY 10018
Do you live for international news? Do you voraciously curate updates from different timezones when you really should be sleeping? Are you addicted to Twitter and the social web?
Mic is looking for an exceptional World Editor to lead our international coverage. You'll work directly alongside our senior editors & analytics team to tell stories from around the world and why they matter. You'll be responsible for steering the voice of the section, as well as managing a staff of writers and thinkers.
This is a full-time position based in New York City.
- Shape the voice and direction of our World section;
- Plan news coverage and build our editorial calendar;
- Generate fresh, interesting story ideas about the news of the day and the broader debates happening;
- Produce quality stories by managing a team of writers and editing stories from paid contributors; and,
- Spot new talent and recruit young writers to Mic.
- 2-3 years of experience at a high-volume, quality news outlet;
- Clips from online publications;
- Strong knowledge of AP style;
- Obsessive interest in world affairs;
- Voracious reader of online content from diverse sources; and,
- Independent thinker with a creative voice.
How to Apply
Please go to this URL to apply for the position: http://boards.greenhouse.io/mic/jobs/20215#.U_FH6PldVxy