The Refugee Assistance Program (RAP) connects volunteer family mentors with recently resettled refugee families in the DC metro area. The Volunteer Engagement Manager will serve as part of the Refugee Assistance Program staff and is responsible for working alongside our resettlement agency partners to engage with RAP’s substantial volunteer community. The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive responsibility, personal initiative, creativity, and outstanding communications skills. S/he will report directly to the Director of the Refugee Assistance Program and will keep them informed on the progress of new and ongoing projects/ events.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with RAP family mentors throughout their volunteer experience
- Work with the Director and Associate Director to develop an exit-survey for volunteers who have completed their 6-month commitment.
- Represent the Refugee Assistance Program on platforms such as Idealist and Volunteer Match
- Brainstorm creative ways to connect with and recruit new volunteers
- Execute and act as the POC for one volunteer-focused event per month (ie. happy hours, documentary screenings, panels based around current events, etc)
- Promptly respond to questions from RAP volunteers
- Attend one RAP staff meeting per month and occasional meetings including both RAP staff and resettlement agency partners
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Dues-paying member of YPFP
- Must be located in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills.
- Highly creative and able to work independently
- Ability to plan and run events and public speaking abilities highly desired.
- Ability to handle multiple activities, manage priorities and meet tight time-lines.
- Must be able to access ypfp.org e-mail (via Google Apps) during the workday and respond to YPFP emails promptly
- Minimum commitment of 5 to 10 hours per week, availability to attend meetings and events on weeknights (after 5 pm), and the ability to respond to email inquiries in 48 hours under normal circumstances.
- One year commitment to position.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. To apply, please email a resume and short statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org