Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, non-profit organization with 10,000+ selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York. YPFP is supported by around 150 volunteer staff members worldwide, for whom the leadership and management of a global NGO supplements their daytime career or graduate studies.
The Videographer is responsible for filming YPFP events, interviews, and other subjects as well as editing and formatting videos for posting on the YPFP website, streaming on social media, and other outlets. This position reports directly the Director of Media Production and entails working closely with staff across different departments.
This position requires less than 5 hours per week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use your prowess with a camera to document YPFP events and to produce video blogs, interviews, etc.
- Edit and format videos for publication on website, as well as streaming on social media, and other outlets as the organization sees fit.
- Think creatively and artistically!
- Work alongside the marketing team to develop creative visual solutions that will distinguish the YPFP brand from other organizations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in recording large events, interviews, b-roll, and other subjects.
- Highly motivated and responsible.
- Proactive ability to seek out appropriate subjects and opportunities.
- Willingness, interest, and experience working with cameras, lenses, lighting, and specialist software.
- Experience editing and preparing digital clips for approval.
- Experience in post-production including editing, audio correction, color correction, adding titles/subtitles and effects, etc.
- Must have access to editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut, or similar).
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position. Candidates don’t need to be based in Washington, D.C.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter, your resume and links to some of your work to email@example.com, with the heading Videographer Application.