YPFP Programs CoA Mission
The Programs CoA designs, leads, and executes YPFP’s extensive member programming opportunities. Through an integrated approach to the member experience and product quality, YPFP’s Program CoA ensures YPFP continues to provide members with unparalleled exposure to renowned foreign policy leaders, career-development activities, and leadership-focused workshops, lectures and roundtables. Past speakers include Admiral Michael Mullen, Hon. Michele Flournoy, Bob Woodward, Amb. Susan Rice, Joseph Stiglitz, John Hamre, and Steve Coll.
The Venue Manager (VM) serves as a member of the events team under the Programs COA and is responsible for lead retrieval, negotiation and development of YPFP’s major venue partnerships. The VM works with Events Managers and partner POCs in order to identify and secure space for YPFP events in advance. The incumbent reports to the Vice President and Managing Director, Programs and keeps him/her informed of venue challenges, successes, and engages him/her when needed to help negotiate MOUs and other aspects of securing new venues.
The successful candidate will display a clear capacity for innovation, creativity, and a nuanced understanding of YPFP’s space needs. S/he is organized, detail-oriented, skilled in communication and shows a passion for maintaining YPFP’s reputation in the foreign policy community as an organization with unrivaled programming offerings.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serve as primary YPFP point of contact for contacts at venues and potential venues.
- Manage complete repository of venue information/translate institutional knowledge into shareable documents
- Conduct market research on potential new venues/partnerships and initiate strategic outreach
- Escalate communication as needed through VP, Programs and Executive Leadership in order to secure new venues through agreements, MOUs, etc
- Serve as POC for Events Managers in identifying and securing space for YPFP events.
- Liaise between venues and Events Managers once space is secured prior to and through the successful execution of event
- Provide assistance and support to the Vice President and Managing Director, Programs on an ad hoc basis
- Directly oversee, manage and track the progress of YPFP events to include the Leadership Incubator Program, Embassy series, Distinguished Speaker series and all other YPFP events
- Update the Managing Director, Programs of the progress of YPFP events and share any problems or concerns that may arise
- Based in Washington, D.C.
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills.
- Ability to develop high-level understanding of YPFP’s strategic objectives and key stakeholders
- Experience with stakeholder management, asset lead retrieval and event management preferred, but not required
- Highly responsive to email and available for meetings and events on weeknights (after 5pm) and weekends
- Commitment of a minimum of 5-10 hours per week* and the ability to respond to email inquiries within 24 hours under normal circumstances
*Most duties can be fulfilled remotely.