The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women's empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The Producer, Digital Media (UNF) will be responsible for the day-to-day implementation and support of cross-cutting UN Foundation digital properties. He/she will create, edit and post digital content to www.unfoundation.org and the Foundation’s primary social media outlets, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Google+. He/she will support the UNF team in executing digital strategies, including but not limited to: The Foundation’s multiple issue area priorities, coordination with UN agency social media and online communications teams, Foundation event and partner engagement opportunities, and the Foundation’s Global Connections blog. In partnership with the Senior Director of Digital and Multimedia Strategy and the Senior Producer, Digital, UNF, he/she will help develop, propose and implement digital implementation plans for constituency-building and digital engagement based on metrics and performance report analysis.
- Write, edit and post to social media platforms, adhering to voice and message of the Foundation. Maintain and update Foundation website, including posting blogs, press releases, bios, and more.
- Create, format and advise on templates for Foundation and campaign email strategy in conjunction with the Senior Editor.
- Monitor, analyze, and report out web, email, and social media metrics to enhance traffic and supporter participation;
- Design shareable graphics for social media, web, and print, working with Director of Design.
- Work with the Senior Director, Digital and Multimedia Strategy, Senior Producer Digital UNF, and Public Affairs leadership to create and implement strategic digital and multimedia plans for the Foundation and consider synergy opportunities across Foundation campaigns and initiatives;
- Work with the Public Affairs team and program staff on to ensure content sharing and synergy across foundation websites;
- Keep up-to-date on digital communications and web industry standards and trends;
- Assist and make recommendations to the Public Affairs team, when needed, on multi-media presentations, filming, editing, etc.
- Other projects and duties as may be assigned.
- Two to five years of digital experience, writing, and editing;
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in English, Communications, Public Relations, International Relations or related field
- Project management experience a plus
- Experience maintaining and managing organizational social networking accounts in coordination with campaign digital communications and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, You Tube, Instagram, etc.);
- Knowledge and prior use of HTML, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Fireworks, Microsoft Office;
- Proficiency in CRM & CMS — Convio and Joomla highly preferable.
- Proficiency in the use of website monitoring and analytics tools (Google Analytics preferred);
- Proficiency in the use of social media monitoring and analytics tools;
- Ability to multitask in a very fast-paced, often rapidly-changing environment.
- Stress tolerance and resilience; sense of humor; highly organized; attention to detail; and ability to work under pressure with multiple and shifting priorities.
- Adherence to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Strong skills working in teams and across many types of organizations — team-oriented; problem solver; relationship-builder; and strong inter-personal skills.
- Multi-cultural experience, general knowledge of global issues and the United Nations system, and an understanding of the UN Foundation mission, programs, strategy and goals.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Preferred Skills:
- Knowledge of video editing software such as Final Cut Pro
How to Apply
Visit the URL below to apply: