The Criminal Justice Group is a division of Commonwealth Trading Partners Inc., a privately held small business based in Alexandria, VA. Our division, the Criminal Justice Group, requires program assistance supporting a USG Agency client on an international engagement program throughout Africa. CTP currently supports the U.S. Department of State and U.S Department of Defense on developing and delivering training, technical assistance, and other public diplomacy outreach programs in support of U.S. foreign policy missions and national security objectives.
Commonwealth Trading Partners, Inc.
300 North Lee Street, Third Floor
Alexandria, VA 22314
CJG | CTP Inc. is looking for a full-time, digitally-savvy, project-oriented summer intern to assist with researching, co-developing, implementing, and testing at least one tech deliverable for one of our government clients.
Primary Project Example: Research domestic and international companies that offer SMS capabilities to communicate with alumni in Africa, coordinate with Program Manager to draft strategy and budget, coordinate Africa-based telecom agreements with selected company to design and implement centralized SMS messaging dashboard (inclusive of metrics), test services, create standard operating procedures/contingency operations manual for staff, train staff, and create a launch plan to announce to users.
Secondary Project Example: Coordinate and work with Program Manager, Alumni Coordinator, and Web Developer to design an enhanced and tech-savvy alumni page (within parent website) with a wide array of resources and tools for alumni use.
· Research domestic and international companies that offer SMS capabilities to communicate with alumni in Africa,
· Coordinate with Program Manager to draft strategy and budget,
· Coordinate Africa-based telecom agreements with selected company to design and implement centralized SMS messaging dashboard (inclusive of metrics),
· Test services,
· Create standard operating procedures/contingency operations manual for staff,
· Train staff & create a launch plan to announce to users,
· Design easy-interface alumni page within parent website with resources & tools for alumni use.
· University degree, in progress.
· Prior experience designing, implementing, and/or testing SMS or web-based tools.
· Tech/app integration experience.
· Web design experience.
· Ability to troubleshoot technical issues and recommend path forward.
How to Apply
Email Ms. April Deibert [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Subject line: Summer Internship – Digital Strategy & Public Diplomacy Intern. Please attach a resume, samples of or links to relevant work, and include a brief description of yourself, including how you would be a good fit for the position, in the body of the email. No cover letter required and no calls please.
Deadline - Flexible. Summer Term: July 1, 2015. Fall Term: Negotiable.