Join YPFP's leadership laboratory, where you will gain unprecedented opportunities to develop and apply your leadership and management skills with a dynamic network of bright, aspiring young foreign policy professionals. Our volunteers are responsible for YPFP's success, and see their contributions make an impact every day.
- Build your resume!
- Develop valuable professional skills!
- Expand your professional network!
- Expand your personal network!
Hear what current staffers have to say about their time volunteering through YPFP!
Will Folmer, YPFP DC
“Working as an program event manager with YPFP provided me with an opportunity to work on a broad range of topics of my interest, beyond what I was able to do at just my day job. During the Foreign Service examination and interview process I cited my experiences with YPFP on multiple occasions in order to demonstrate my passion for working on foreign policy went beyond my 9 to 5 job and how it provided me with a additional skill-sets not otherwise found on my resume".
Beth Scott, YPFP DC
“It's difficult to convey all the benefits I've received from my participation with Young Professionals in Foreign Policy. I've been a member for over 5 years and during that time, I've made great professional connections, forged strong and lasting friendships, engaged with professionals from all over the world, and learned skills and knowledge that I couldn't have gotten elsewhere. I can't recommend YPFP membership enough. I sincerely believe that my Program Manager experience with the Intelligence Module was a key reason I was offered my current positions as a Project Manager at a strategic communication firm, as it jumpstarted my experience and skills in that field.”
To apply for any of the following volunteer positions, please email a cover letter and your up-to-date résumé to email@example.com, and reference the position title in the subject of the email. Please note that all YPFP staff positions are unpaid and on a volunteer basis. You must be a general member (dues paying) to be offered a volunteer position.
- Discussion Groups
- Events Team
Communications & Thought Leadership
- Thought Leadership
- Fellow, Latin America (Based in D.C. or South/Central America)
- Fellow, Europe (Based in D.C. or Europe)
- Fellow, Eastern Europe and Eurasia (Based in D.C. or E. Europe/Eurasia)
- Fellow, Africa (Based in D.C. or Africa)
- Fellow, Middle East (Based in D.C. or the Middle East)
- Fellow, South Asia (Based in D.C. or South Asia)
- Fellow, Asia-Pacific (Based in D.C. or Asia-Pacific)
- Thematic Fellowship positions will be posted on Monday, October 3rd!
- Financial Planning & Analysis Associate
- Director, Human Capital
- Staff Development Specialist
- Staff Recruitment Specialist