CISV (formerly Children’s International Summer Villages) is a UNESCO partner and NGO that “educates and inspires action for a more just and peaceful world” CISV has expanded to seven international camp-based, family exchange, and local community programs that aim to create thoughtful and active global citizens using peace eduction. CISV's peace education circle includes sustainability, human rights, conflict resolution, and diversity.
Location - Detroit, Michigan
CISV International's Detroit Chapter is seeking a staff member for it's 2015 Step Up. Step Up is a program for 14 year olds that will develop participant's leadership skills as well as continue their peace education. Participants for this camp include: Australia, Brazil, El Salvador, Finland, Indonesia, Italy, Spain, and the USA. This staff member is expected to live and work at the camp during its duration. Dates are June 25-July 18th in Detroit, Michigan. Compensation includes a $600 stipend, plus room and board.
- Lead peace education activities with children from all over the world
- Handle paperwork and other logistical components of the camp
- Aid in camp's infirmary
- Record educational milestones achieved by youth
- Evaluate Leader performance
- Must be 25 years of age or older with a valid U.S. driver's license
- Experience working with other cultures preferred
- Experience working with children or youth preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Passionate about CISV's mission and goals
How to Apply
Please send email to email@example.com Subject line: CISV Detroit Staff Position. Please attach a resume and include a brief description of yourself, including how you would be a good fit for the position, in the body of the email. No cover letter required.