Open-Source Analysis - Research Assistant Internships
(Telecommute / Flexible Schedule)
Gordon & Alpert Strategic Research Partners (www.gordonalpert.net), a 2-year old research and consulting organization based in Arlington, VA, is seeking qualified individuals for a number of Research Assistant Intern positions.
Five days per week (two hours per day), conduct open-source research and analysis on U.S. and international news media stories which highlight political risk / instability and business / economic risk issues. The analyst will identify American companies operating in countries or regions which are negatively impacted by the events highlighted in the news stories.
- Previous training in open-source analysis or analytical techniques
- Familiarity with concepts of political, economic, or security risks
- Regional / geographic area or industry-specific interest and relevant language skills
- Interest in involvement with an entrepreneurial organization
- Enrollment in a relevant Master’s degree program (or recent graduate, may also substitute for previous work experience)
- Gain research and analysis experience
- Receive a letter of recommendation / reference after successful performance
- Access to the G&A Analyst Network & Alumni Group, a talent pool for future projects
- Future possibility of other opportunities with Gordon & Alpert post-internship
Research Assistant Interns are expected to make a 3 month commitment
Expected total time commitment per week: 10 hours
To serve as trusted advisors to corporations and institutions that require foresight to make strategic decisions that will shape the future.
Transform analytical methods and best practices pioneered by the U.S. Military and National Security community into decision-making tools for business and policy leaders to mitigate risk and maximize opportunities.
How to Apply:
Please send a brief cover letter and your C/V to firstname.lastname@example.org