The American Enterprise Institute is a community of scholars and supporters committed to expanding liberty, increasing individual opportunity and strengthening free enterprise. AEI pursues these unchanging ideals through independent thinking, open debate, reasoned argument, facts and the highest standards of research and exposition. Without regard for politics or prevailing fashion, we dedicate our work to a more prosperous, safer and more democratic nation and world.
AEI is a private, nonpartisan, not-for-profit institution dedicated to research and education on issues of government, politics, economics and social welfare. AEI’s purpose is to serve leaders and the public through research and education on the most important issues of the day. AEI research is conducted through seven primary research divisions: Economics, Foreign and Defense Policy, Politics and Public Opinion, Education, Health, Energy and the Environment and Society and Culture.
Location- Washington, District of Columbia
The American Enterprise Institute seeks a highly organized, full-time research assistant, to work in the India and South Asia studies area of the foreign policy department.
- The primary responsibilities of this position are to provide research, writing, editing, and administrative support to a scholar studying a wide range of South Asian political, economic, and security issues with a focus on India and Pakistan;
- Manage a small team of interns;
- Develop and organize conferences, panel discussions, and events;
- Maintain lists of contacts;
- Oversee long-term projects and grants;
- Schedule, and handle media requests;
- Equally important responsibilities include ensuring effective communication across different departments at AEI.
- Applicants require excellent research, writing, communication, and organization skills.
- The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated interest in foreign and defense policy and the political economy with a focus on South Asia and US-India and US-Pakistan relations.
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field is preferred, though not required.
- Knowledge of Hindi/Urdu is a plus.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to multitask are also essential.
How to Apply- Applicants must include a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and transcript. 2015 graduates are eligible to apply. Applicants can apply via this link.