Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization with 10,000 selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004 and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York.
The Recruitment Coordinator, under supervision from the Director of Recruitment, will identify avenues for member recruitment and execute innovative recruitment events. The successful candidate will demonstrate extensive responsibility, personal initiative, creativity, and outstanding communications skills. Ideally, the candidate will possess experience in recruitment or organizational development.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing an effective recruitment strategy;
- Develop and implement strategic initiatives for recruiting young professionals from a diverse range of fields and sectors;
- Create and develop innovative and engaging recruitment materials for YPFP;
- Identify and engage thought leaders in the field of foreign policy to demonstrate the value and impact of YPFP in the field of foreign policy;
- Provide assistance to other membership department projects and represent the membership department at events as needed;
- Answer member inquiries sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Eligibility and Requirements:
- YPFP Member (dues-paying), based in Washington, D.C.;
- Passion for expanding YPFP’s reputation in the foreign policy community;
- Excellent interpersonal and cross-organizational communications skills;
- Ability to plan and run events and public speaking abilities highly desired;
- Ability to handle multiple activities, manage priorities and meet tight time-lines;
- Ability to attend a membership department staff meeting once per month;
- Minimum commitment of 5 to 10 hours per week, availability to attend meetings and events on weeknights (after 5 pm), and the ability to respond to email inquiries in 48 hours under normal circumstances;
- One year commitment to position.
To join the staff of YPFP , please contact email@example.com with a letter of interest and resume. Please include the position title in the subject line.