YPFP is a global, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization founded in 2004 that helps energize foreign policy discussions by making diverse, cross-sector Next Generation voices more informed and influential. Headquartered in Washington, DC, YPFP has branches in New York, London, Brussels, and engages an expanding global community of over 20,000 individuals.
This is an opportunity to join the YPFP team in Washington, DC and be part of an engaged global community of emerging professionals. You will have the space to develop your own ideas, learn, drive change, and make a contribution to our community of more than 1,000 members.
The DC Membership team is currently looking to recruit a Recruitment & Benefits Coordinator, in a voluntary capacity, for a minimum of six months. The successful candidate will work under the direct supervision of the Director of Membership.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with YPFP Leadership to source new benefits for branch membership and revise member recruitment & benefits strategy
- Recruit new members and promote membership renewals
- Research, develop, and maintain sponsors to provide attractive member benefits
- Organize regular social events in coordination with the Programs team
- Work with Communications team to design marketing materials (recruitment & benefits)
- Engage with members at events and respond to membership inquiries
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Self-motivated, well-organized, and able to work efficiently and autonomously as part of a small team
- Good knowledge of global affairs
Commit 5-10 hours per week (excluding attendance at events and meetings)
- Attend regular Membership team meetings
- Well-spoken and able to represent YPFP at all levels
- Live, work, or study in or near Washington, DC
Please note that YPFP is a volunteer-based organization. All staff members are non-remunerated volunteers, giving up their time alongside their own professional activity.
Please also note that YPFP staff must be dues-paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position.
Application Process: Please send a short cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject and heading: Membership Team Application.