The Nordic Hunters' Alliance was established in 1947 and currently represents approximately 600,000 hunters and shooters in Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark and Iceland. The objectives are to maintain and develop Nordic hunting traditions, to contribute to game research and studies which form the foundation of wise use of game resources, and to comply with the requirements for information demanded by the authorities and the Public.
The Public Affairs Officer will represent the one million Nordic hunters and be part of the Nordic hunters´ associations´ public affairs team, which has a strong track record in delivering lobbying success. The position will monitor, analyse and brief the Nordic Hunters’ Alliance (NHA) on hunting and wildlife management issues at EU and international level. Together with the NHA President, and in co-operation with the national hunting associations, the PAO shall also undertake lobbying towards the EU institutions.
We are looking for a candidate available to join our team from 1st September 2015. The candidate will be based in Brussels and employed in FACE, but will report to the President of NJS. We offer a competitive salary in line with Brussels standards. We will offer an initial contract for two years.
- Briefing senior members of NHA on EU issues;
- Preparing and disseminating information such as briefings and documents for a variety of purposes/audi-ences, drawing on the views of member organisations;
- Compiling analyses of the views of key organisations on current principal EU issues;
- Oversight of weekly member e-newsletter/ bulletin and the EU legislation tracker;
- Updating members on a range of regulatory issues principally related to EU developments.
The ideal candidate should embody the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Experience from public affairs work.
- Superior oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate and adapt to different audiences (political, technical, media…), reach out to stakeholders, and present to and lead groups with confidence.
- Fluent spoken and written English and German or French is essential and one of the Nordic languages as the mother tongue.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nordic and EU political systems and experience of EU lobbying.
- The energy and ability to use their own initiative and the drive work with a positive team approach.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, drafting of briefing papers and experience with policy analysis.
- Demonstrated project coordination and management skills and experience in team-work with people from diverse cultures and nationalities.
- Ability to identify relevant raising issues, formulate policy options and make recommendations.
- Sound knowledge of European legislation within hunting and wildlife management.
- Ability and willingness to build contact networks among a wide range of stakeholders.
- Relevant experience from Brussels.
- Enjoying the challenges and experiences of being a hunter.
How to apply:
Applications will be received until 30th April 2015 and must be sent by email to: Lauri.Kontro@metsastajaliitto.fi
Lauri Kontro, President, Nordic Hunters’ Alliance
Phone: +35 84004 06933
Read more here: http://www.nordichunters.org/page374.aspx