Economist Events is a media business focused on developing and delivering content for the ‘ideas people’ who are creating value in the global economy. Convened around subjects from finance and economics to innovation and the role of corporations in society, Economist Events deliver in live form The Economist’s brand vision- to lead the debate in pursuit of progress.
Location - New York, NY
Currently we are recruting for a highly organized Programme Associate to conduct research and manage speakers and workflows for the Economist events business. This includes Economist flagship events in the Americas and custom events. The Programme Associate is responsible for deep research into Economist Event themes and topics, enforcing timelines, managing speaker logistics, helping execute the speaker recruitment process, and other general production and administrative projects relating to the themes and experts associated with Economist events.
In the role you would be expected to:
- Conduct thorough market research into high-level topics of interest to senior-evel business audience
- Research and identify potential speakers and topics for Economist events
- Manage speaker recruitment (invitation process, conference calls, etc.)
- Update Economist Events website and social media activities (execute editorial social media calendar around events)
- Proactively provide concepts to help build dynamic events and websites
- Decide logistics solutions to facilitate live events
- Develop and maintain tracking systems to measure progress of Event booking and production
- Collaborate with necessary stakeholders to decide on editorial social media calendar
- Implement and execute processes to keep content development and event production running smoothly.
To succeed in this role you must have:
- BA/BS and 1-3 years of relevant experience (e.g. journalism, communications, research)
- A proven ability to research and understand high-level topics
- The ability to regularly generate new content ideas.
- A proven ability to take responsibility for tasks and execute them.
- Accuracy of written communications and management of detail
- The ability to meet deadlines and implement processes to keep content development and event production running smoothly.
- Social media experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- The Ability to interact with high-level experts
To succeed in the role you will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial team oriented environment
- Ability to work collegially with a cross-functional teams, including: editorial, marketing, sales (print, online & events), EIU, and other group divisions to manage successful events in North and South America
- The ability to perform under tight deadlines
- The ability to be comfortable with and navigate through ambiguity and uncertainty in a complex environment
- Skills in managing relationships, inside and outside of the team
- The ability to exercise and maintain editorial integrity while balancing commercial interests
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Deadline - Open until filled.