The Aspen Institute is an educational and policy studies organization based in Washington, DC. Its mission is to foster leadership based on enduring values and to provide a nonpartisan venue for dealing with critical issues. The Institute has campuses in Aspen, Colorado, and on the Wye River on Maryland’s Eastern Shore. It also maintains offices in New York City and has an international network of partners.
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 700, Washington, DC 20036-1133
The Program Coordinator must be flexible and willing to evolve with the position over time to meet the needs of the Franklin Project. Among other responsibilities, the Program Coordinator must provide the necessary administrative support to ensure that the Franklin Project runs smoothly behind the scenes.
- Lead and assist in event planning and coordination, including events ranging from large Summits to smaller meetings, and city visits for Franklin Project Leadership Council members.
- Assist in fundraising efforts including grant writing and reporting.
- Conduct research on national service and civic participation.
- Help to build the Franklin Project’s Salesforce database.
- Take on opportunistic projects to advance the Franklin Project’s vision.
- Humble leader with tremendous professional resolve.
- Self-starter: Candidates should be detailed-oriented and resolute about following through, with the ability both to take initiative and lead projects and to work collaboratively.
- Excellent communication skills: Candidates must have a demonstrated talent for clear, effective, and persuasive writing; an ability to communicate data and complex ideas simply and effectively; and an ability to tailor writing style and voice to target different audiences.
- Clear passion for the Franklin Project’s vision of universal voluntary national service.
- Moderate travel required.
- Ideally 1-3 years of professional experience, to include at least one year of national service.
- Excellent skills in research, writing, and analysis.
- Comfort working under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to implement highly effective projects.
How to Apply
Please go to this URL to apply for the position: