Are you a motivated, globally focused individual looking to make an impact?
Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is seeking an Ambassador/Executive Director for the Global Hub, YPFP San Francisco.
The Ambassador/Executive Director will lead the established Global Hub in San Francisco, the first on the west coast of the United States. This role is vital to YPFP's growth and ideal for an experienced, engaging leader with a creative and global mindset.
The Ambassador/Executive Director furthers YPFP's mission of fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing young professionals with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
The Ambassador/Executive Director builds the local community of YPFP members and connects them with opportunities and the broader YPFP organization. Materials and some training will be arranged to ensure success of the individual onboarded into this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the primary point-of-contact between YPFP DC/Headquarters and YPFP San Francisco
- Ensures function and innovation of YPFP San Francisco—setting strategy, organizing programs, and assisting in efforts to grow the membership base
- Grows the staff team, including Directors of Programs, Communications, and Membership, to accomplish operational goals
- Coordinates and leads YPFP San Francisco staff meetings
Eligibility and Requirements:
- Current, dues-paying YPFP member
- The ability to dedicate at least 5 hours per week to YPFP
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Prior experience leading teams
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills
- Must be able and willing to interact with YPFP members from all over the world in order to facilitate fostering YPFP San Francisco
- Must be able to commit at least one year to the role
For Questions and How to Apply:
For questions and to apply for this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement of interest and resume. Please include the position title in the subject line.
The opinions expressed in this article are the author's own and do not reflect the views of their employer or Young Professionals in Foreign Policy.