Lutheran World Relief works to improve the lives of smallholder farmers and people experiencing poverty in Africa, Asia and Latin America, both in times of emergencies and for the long term. LWR strengthens communities through programs in agriculture, climate, and emergency support. We work with local partners to provide local solutions that build on communities' existing strengths. In the 2013 fiscal year, LWR provided direct and indirect assistance to more than 7.5 million people in 35 countries, and maintained offices in 16 of those countries. We work in some of the world’s poorest and most marginalized communities, serving people in need regardless of race, religion or ethnicity.
700 Light St., Baltimore, Maryland 21230
The position of New Business Development Manager supports LWR's Revenue and Investment Plan. This position will coordinate the business acquisition process beginning with donor engagement through award negotiation and create and manage systems that support the efficient functioning of New Business Development (NBD) Unit.
- Proposal Development
- Award Processing
- Knowledge Management
- Capacity Building
- Strategy and Planning
- Team Management
- Other duties as assigned. Support and collaborate with others in the unit.
- Deep commitment to LWR's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners.
- 3-5 years' experience in international development
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Successful track record of program development; proven and sustained success in raising restricted funds donors
- Experience as a writer for successful proposals to USAID, US Department of State and major foundations
- Excellent communicator-verbal and written
- Strong facilitation skills
- Able to collaborate with a diverse work force
- Proactive and flexible work style
- Capable of identifying and responding to shifting priorities
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish
- Experience with and commitment to working in a very diverse workforce
- Familiarity with working within a faith-based organization.
- Ability and affinity for working in teams
- Ability to travel overseas up to 20 percent of the time
How to Apply
Please go to this URL to apply for the position: