YPFP’s mission is to foster the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing young professionals with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers.
- Knowledge: The knowledge to understand complex foreign policy issues
- Skills: The skills to address problems effectively and the competencies to thrive
- Exposure: Exposure to cutting-edge guidance and perspectives
- Relationships: Building bridges across multiple sectors and disciplines
YPFP is a community of promising young professionals with diverse professional and cultural backgrounds, all of whom are bound together by an interest in addressing global challenges. During the most formative years of their careers, YPFP educates and influences its members through comprehensive, informed and diverse cross-sector dialogue with each other and today’s leading foreign policy leaders. Through these discussions and other activities, members develop personal and professional relationships that will last a lifetime.
The vision of our organization is to be the premier global organization that turns ambitious, aspiring young professionals into innovative, inspiring, andimpactful leaders. We build the foreign policy leader of the future.
YPFP members are dedicated to…
- serving the public through ethical leadership;
- engaging in informed, constructive, nonpartisan discussion of international affairs;
- promoting respect, professionalism, and camaraderie within our community; and
- enabling the professional advancement, intellectual development, and personal growth of our members.