Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, non-profit organization with 10,000+ selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York. YPFP is supported by around 150 volunteer staff members worldwide, for whom the leadership and management of a global NGO supplements their daytime career or graduate studies.
Marketing specialists work as a small team inside the Communications department and identify, support and produce the materials for the marketing needs of the entire organization and its constituent departments. Working with the Director of Marketing, marketing specialists analyze the activities and objectives of the various YPFP departments and help them articulate a strategy and give them the tools to execute it. Most importantly, Marketing Specialists work to produce marketing materials, working alongside our Media Production department. They also produce the weekly newsletter, which is sent out to over 2000 DC based foreign policy professionals.
This position requires approximately 5 hours per week, and successful candidates will be able to make at least a one-year commitment to the role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a small team to identify the marketing needs and craft marketing strategies for YPFP.
- Work alongside other specialists to produce professional marketing materials.
- Produce a small weekly newsletter that reaches our large DC-based audience.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working with software used in the production or marketing materials such as brochures and pamphlets.
- Experience working with audio and visual media production a plus.
- Experience, education or proven interest in marketing.
- Ability to work within a team and produce materials of the highest quality and in a timely fashion.
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position. Candidates don’t need to be based in Washington, D.C.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter, your resume and some samples of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the heading Marketing Specialist Application.