Young Professionals in Foreign Policy (YPFP) is committed to fostering the next generation of foreign policy leaders by providing its members with the knowledge, skills, exposure, and relationships they will need to tackle critical global challenges over the course of their careers. YPFP is a dynamic, global, nonpartisan, non-profit organization with 10,000+ selected members around the world who work in all fields of international affairs. It was established in 2004, and is headquartered in Washington, DC, with branches in Brussels, London, and New York. YPFP is supported by around 150 volunteer staff members worldwide, for whom the leadership and management of a global NGO supplements their daytime career or graduate studies.
The Marketing Coordinator, Major Events is responsible for leading the concept and strategy for the marketing campaign behind YPFP’s 2016 Affairs of State fundraising gala. The incumbent is responsible for producing promotional graphics such as flyers, invitations, and signage. The Marketing Coordinator will also work closely with the President of YPFP and project leads to produce visuals for potential event sponsors. The position reports to the Director of Marketing, is a part of the Affairs of State leadership team and will work closely with staff across different YPFP departments and the Executive Staff.
This position generally requires +/- 5 hours per week and is a three-month, project-based assignment with opportunities for conversion into a long-term staff position within YPFP.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work in close consultation with the President, the Project team lead and the Director of Marketing to identify marketing needs to craft a comprehensive marketing strategy designed to attract interest, ticket sales and potential sponsors.
- Assists the Project Lead in producing all event marketing collateral for the event including, but not limited to: signage, save-the-date invitations, and flyers.
- Completes projects by deadline by coordinating with outside art services, and printers.
- Contributes to team effort by working related tasks as needed.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work within a team and produce materials of the highest quality in a timely fashion; highly responsive to email.
- Available by phone or Skype upon request.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign.
- Excellent time-management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines, and attention to detail.
- Must have access to Adobe Creative Suite.
Eligibility and Selection:
Please note that candidates must be dues paying members of YPFP. You are not required to be a YPFP member to apply, but must confirm membership to be accepted to the position. Candidates don’t need to be based in Washington, D.C.
To begin the application process please send a cover letter, your resume and portfolio to email@example.com, with the heading Marketing Coordinator, Major Events Application.